|Does the church fumigate or fog between Masses?
At Our Lady of Consolation we are taking every precaution necessary to protect the common good of all of our parishioners and guests.
In keeping with the directives from the Diocese of Grand Rapids, we are sanitizing and disinfecting every touchable surface between our Masses.
During this sanitization we use an electro-static spray gun and we DO NOT FUMIGATE or FOG our building.
Electrostatic spray is electrically charged, allowing the appropriate sanitizers, mold preventatives and disinfectants to wrap around and evenly coat all types of surfaces for a more complete clean. As the chemical exits the electrostatic sprayer, it’s given a positive electrical charge.
The cleaning solution we are using, and have used for the past 2 years throughout our school and church, is called Husky 891 Arena Disinfectant. According to the Safety Data Sheet of this product there is less than 20% of 1 oz (with the remaining 80% of the solution being water) of chemicals which are dissolved in 1 gallon of water prior to use.
We would encourage any of our parishioners who would like more information to contact myself (email@example.com) or Shaun Bartz (firstname.lastname@example.org), our facility manager, with questions.
Is the cleaning solution safe?
Yes, it is safe for humans, pets and surfaces.
The chemicals that are in the cleaning solution are as follows:
- 6.51% Dialkyl dumethyl ammonium chlorides
(which is often used as a food additive)
- 4.34% Alkyl dimethylbenzyl ammonium chlorides
- 1-5% C12-15 Fatty Alcohol ethoxylate
(which is often found in makeup and detergents)
- 1-5% Tetrasodium EDTA
- 1-2% Ethanol
- >80% Water
These percentages are of the 1 ounce of solution that is mixed with an addition 1 gallon of water before application.
Will Our Lady of Consolation be offering an outdoor Mass?
No, we will not be offering an outdoor Mass at this time.
I didn’t order enough reservations, should I cancel my order and order again?
No, you do not need to cancel your order. Just register for more seats.
How do I register for Mass?
Please click the “Mass Sign Up” button below and follow the prompts.
Will Masks be required at Mass?
Yes, masks will be required at Mass per the directives received from Bishop Walkowiak.
Do I need to bring my ticket/reservation to Mass?
No, you do not need to bring anything. You will be asked your name at the door.
If we do not normally have many people attend a daily Mass, why are we being required to have tickets/reservation?
In order to guarantee we remain under the occupancy limit, all public Masses will require a reservation. As things progress and we see how many people attend Mass we may remove this requirement for daily Mass.
Will there be a digital worship aid that is sent for each Mass to use on our phones?
We do not have plans at this time to have a digital worship aid that will be sent to parishioners. Alternatively, we are working on a digital projection that will occur during Mass for those who are able to gather in person.
Is there any changes in our Gluten Free (GF) host protocol?
New procedure is as follows:
- Let the Sacristan know you need a GF host (will be by the sacristy)
- Sacristan will place needed amount in silver patten at credence table
- GF family should sit in the first available pew following the lector seating
- GF family will be the first to receive communion from that line
- When you approach the “Mask removal station” state “Gluten Free” as you approach.
- The remainder will follow the current safety procedure.
Can we bring a pyx and bring communion to the inbound?
At this time, the directives from Bishop Walkowiak prohibit the distribution of Communion to the home-bound unless it is part of the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick for Viaticum (at death). As soon as we are able to allow this, we will let the parish know.