January 5 & 6, 2019
- Please donate to the Annual Coat Drive through this coming Saturday, the box is set up right outside the Parish Office!
- High School Faith Formation will be attending the Presence Kalamazoo Retreat in late February –Permission slips are outside the Faith Formation Office.
- And this Thursday is the Teens on a Mission Informational Meeting at 6:30
- And the Parish Library will be open after Mass today!
December 29 & 30, 2018
- We are participating in the annual coat drive for families in need in the Grand Rapids Area! Please donate gently use coats, hats, mittens, snow pants and boots,
January 1st through the 12th, there will be a box set up right outside the Parish Office!
- If you were not around during our Christmas Liturgies, please take home a copy or 2 of the Matthew Kelly book – “The Biggest Lie in the History of Christianity” A gift to you from the Parish
December 22 & 23, 2018
- If you are able, please drop off your families and park down at the Kateri Lodge, to allow for those challenged with mobility, and to welcome our visitors new to the Parish, especially at the 4:00 Christmas Eve Mass
- For those of you challenged with the use of incense, don’t forget we do use it at all the Christmas Masses.
- And this coming Wednesday, December 26, we will not have a 7:00 am Mass – but please join Fr. Stephen for the Feast of St. Stephen for a 9:00am Mass!
December 15 & 16, 2018
- The Young Adults of Our Lady Ministry is having their Christmas Party this Thursday at 7 pm at the Kateri Lodge. They would like to invite any college students’ home for Christmas break to join them!
- And a reminder to all who took tags for the Giving Tree, please return the Gifts by Monday, December 17.
- [Sunday ONLY] And don’t forget to have breakfast with the Knights of Columbus after Mass!
December 8 & 9, 2018
- The Knights of Columbus would like to Thank you for ordering pies and would like to remind you to pick them up in the Elizabeth Ann Seton Room today! And there may be a few extras pies, if you would like to purchase one!
- The Giving Tree still have a few tags on it, if you haven’t had the opportunity to take a tag or 2, this is the last weekend to do so. And the committee wishes to remind you to return all presents, un-wrapped no later than Monday, December 17!
November 24 & 25, 2018
- We have adjusted the schedule for next weekend’s Advent Retreat. It is now a 1 Day Retreat, next Saturday Dec. 1 at the Kateri Lodge. We hope this will make it more convenient for many to attend!
- And the Knights of Columbus are taking orders for pies again this weekend. The Pie Flavors this year are Apple and Blueberry!
November 10 & 11, 2018
- This Thursday evening at 7:00 we will pray for and celebrate a Mass of Remembrance for any parishioner who has lost a friend or loved one this past year. If you plan to attend and would like the name of the deceased included in the Prayers of the Faithful, please contact the Parish Office this week.
- Also on Thursday, All High School students interested in going to the March for Life this January in Washington DC, should attend an informational meeting at 6:30 in the Guadalupe room.
- The annual Hearts and Holly Bazaar is this Saturday!
$1 Dollar Raffle tickets are available after Mass for some great prizes!
In addition the Parents Association would like to thank everyone in advance for baking Cookies and providing Sweet Goods for the Bazaar!
Please deliver them next Friday at the Family Center Doors.
- Registration for the Middle School Net Retreat is open and available either on our website or through the Faith Formation Office
- Just a reminder….There will be No High School Faith Formation this Afternoon… AND we wish to Thank all Middle and High school students who came and raked leaves at the Franciscan Center yesterday!
November 3 & 4, 2018
- As we near the end of the Liturgical year, we would like to encourage you to take a 2019 Calendar home located at the Church Entrances and if you are a Lector, Please pick up the new Year C Lector Workbooks at the Welcome Table in the Commons.
- Everyone is welcome to Exalt night is tomorrow/tonight from 6:00-8:00 pm Because of that HS Youth Groups has also been changed to the same time this weekend.
- Also, The HS Youth Group is volunteering at the Franciscan Life Process Center next Saturday from 9:30-12:30
- You can get your Blood Pressure checked after Mass (Sunday-Faith Formation Office)
- Sunday ONLY And we have Coffee and Donuts this weekend
October 27-28, 2018
- All are invited to attend EXALT night on Sunday, Nov. 2nd at 6:00. There will be live music with the band Abacus and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
- If you have not made a CSA pledge you will be receiving a letter from the Diocese soon, and as we are still approximately $9000 short of our assessment, we ask that you please consider making a pledge yet this year.
- As we prepare to remember the Faithfully Departed in November, we welcome everyone to bring framed pictures of your loved ones who has passed this year for our display in the commons.
- This Thursday is All Saints Day, a Holy Day of Obligation. We will be celebrating Mass at 7:00am – 9:00am and 7:00pm
- Just a reminder that the Giving Tree will be going up the weekend of November 17th, if you are able to adopt a family, please contact Pilar Rice.
- And Members of our Finance Committee will be in the commons to answer your questions after Mass.
October 6-7, 2018
- Volunteers are needed for Children’s Liturgy of the Word – and there is a training next Sunday following the 11 a.m. Mass. Please contact Rebecca Chicklon in the FF office to sign up.
- All are welcomed to the Faith Formation Domestic Discipleship pot luck and family catechesis this Tuesday, at 6:00 pm
- Please consider joining the Music ministry as a part of the Choir as we gear up for the Advent and Christmas seasons. Or maybe you would rather be a part of the Art and Environment Ministry, that decorates our Sacred Space for the Liturgical seasons. Contact Mary Harkema for either of these vital ministries
- Just a reminder, the Consolation Sister Bowling fundraiser is tomorrow
- AFTER MASS THIS WEEKEND YOU CAN: Sign up for the Tuesday, October 16, Parish Blood Drive after Mass in the commons and Get Your Blood Pressure check
September 29-30, 2018
- Our Parish is scheduled to pray Monday, October 8 for this falls “40 Days For Life” Campaign. Please Sign up at the table in the commons after Mass.
- Our Young Adults Ministry begins again this fall on Thursday, October 11, 7:00pm up by the Rectory
- We have 2 tickets left for Pastor’s Feud – If you wish to use them please call the Parish Office.
- Just a reminder, support the Consolation Sister by bowling next Sunday at Westgate Lanes, more details are in the bulletin.
- Don’t forget you can find many Catholic Resources at FORMED.org. Information on how to sign up is on our website!
September 22-23, 2018
- Next Week we will have Daily Mass ONLY on Friday Morning, as the Diocesan Priests will be attending their annual Convocation. There will be NO Reconciliation on Tuesday as well.
- There are only a few tickets left for Pastor’s Feud at the table in the commons.
- Confirmation Parents & Students make sure to attend an Orientation meeting SUNDAY evening at 6:00 pm in the church OR Monday night at 6:30 pm in the Holy Family Center.
- Faith Formation is still in need of Catechists and Small Group Leaders, Please contact the Faith Formation Office
- Everyone is welcome this Wednesday, Sept. 26th, at 7:15am for “Prayer at the Pole”. More details are in the bulletin.
- Come join the fun, go bowling and support the Consolation Missionary Sisters at Westgate Lanes on Sunday, October 7, more details are in the bulletin.
- SUNDAY ONLY And join us for Coffee and Donuts this morning!
September 15-16, 2018
- The Parish Library is Open after Mass this weekend!
- You can still sign up to reserve your spot at the table for the Thrusday, October 4th Pastor’s Feud event
September 8-9, 2018
- Our Parish will begin serving dinner at DeGage Ministries the second Thursday every other month starting in October. Join us for an Information Meeting THIS Tuesday, in the Guadalupe Room.
- Find out if Christian Morality is relevant in this age by joining Luis Lugo for a LIFE IN CHRIST series beginning on Monday, September 24. More information is in the commons.
- We are beginning a new session of Living Your Strength’s small groups,these sessions will commence the first week in October.
- And you may sign-up to reserve your spot at a table for the Thursday, October 4th Pastor’s Feud event, featuring our Fr. Stephen.
- And we hope this is the last reminder announcement for CSA 2018. We are VERY CLOSE to reaching our CSA goal this year, so if you haven’t had the opportunity to get your pledge in, PLEASE do it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
August 11-12, 2018
- Join us This Wednesday, August 15 as we celebrate
the Holy Day – The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary,
- Masses here are scheduled for 7:00 am or 7:00 pm
- And we are in need of Liturgical Ministers for each of these Masses
so if you are available to help, please sign up in the Commons
July 21-22, 2018
- Registration is available on line for Vacation Bible School
being offered August 6th thru the 9th and we are also taking Snack donations at this time.
Please see the bulletin or website for more information.
June 30 & July 1, 2018
- Join us this Wednesday, the 4th of July at 9:00 am as we celebrate Mass and pray for our nation.
- Please turn in your CSA pledges soon as possible, as we are still a little over $50,000 short of the goal given to us by the diocese. Unfortunately if we don’t reach our goal, the money will have to come out of our weekend offering.
- And just a reminder that there will be no Sacrament of Reconciliation offered during the month of July on Tuesday evenings.June 23 & 24, 2018
- We are in need of 19 adult volunteers by Sunday night in order to offer VBS this August, this is your last call – Please Go to sign up genius to volunteer.
- During the month of July there will be no Sacrament of Reconciliation on Tuesday evenings, so this Tuesday, June 26 will be the last Tuesday Confessions will be offered until August. Saturday Confessions before Mass will still be available.
- We would like to Thank all parishioners who have returned their pledge cards for the CSA Campaign! If you haven’t had the opportunity yet, Fr. Tony and Fr. Stephen would be very grateful if you could send in your pledge soon, so that we can reach our goal and close the Campaign for another successful CSA Appeal!
- Just a reminder that there are Lector and Communion Minister Trainings scheduled with Deacon Hessler this Wednesday, at 6:00 pm or next Saturday, at 10:00am, in the Guadalupe Room
- Sunday ONLY Please join us for Coffee and Donuts after Mass
June 9 & 10, 2018
- OLC is organizing teams for Habitat for Humanity Catholic United Build. Check the table or web site for more information on how to get involved.
- Table #2 is for the many Volunteers needed for Vacation Bible School this August! So PLEASE sign up!
- And table # 3 is if you are planning a vacation this summer in which you might not be able to attend Mass with us? Don’t worry, you can still stay connected to your home parish while on vacation! See Nickie at that table for the many free resources available.
- And LAST CALL:
If you are plan on attending the OLC PRIDE 50th reunion party after next Saturday’s 5:00 Mass, please RSVP by calling or emailing the school office this week. The planning committee will be most grateful!!
June 2 &3, 2018
- Attention All OLC School Alumni, parents, staff and volunteers, please join us for our 50th anniversary celebration, Saturday, June 16th from 6:00 to 10:00! Please RSVP this weekend for the food, music and fun! Details are online and in the bulletin.
- Also Mr. Duane Parker, one of our Middle School teachers is retiring this year. All are welcome to an Open House this Thursday from 6:00-7:30, as we thank him for his many years of service to Catholic Education.
- If you have an interest in seeing Vacation Bible School happen here at OLC this summer, please join us for a Planning meeting on Monday at 6:30 pm in the Guadalupe Room.
- Once again this weekend we have representatives from Catholic Charities in the commons, waiting to discuss foster care and adoption services.
- They will also have a basket on their table taking donations to “Name” our own Fr. Stephen as the “MVP” of the Go to Bat for Kids baseball game!
- Just an FYI that newly ordained Fr. Michael Steffes will be celebrating Mass with us next Sunday at the 11:00 Mass.
- AND After Mass you can:
Sign up for this Tuesday’s blood drive in the commons
Visit the Parish Library
- [Sunday ONLY]
Join us for Coffee and Donuts and wish Fr. Stephen
Happy 1st Anniversary of his Ordination!
May 26 & 27
- CSA reminder: please turn in your Pledges soon, as we will be sending a 2nd mailing out in early June. And if you didn’t know… this is the 1st year you can go to the Diocese of GR website and make your pledge to our parish online
- Begin Memorial Day by joining us Monday for Mass at 9:00 am, as we pray for those who have died in Military Service to our country.
- And if you cannot attend the Priestly Ordination of Deacon Michael Steffes next Saturday, 10:00am at the Cathedral, you can watch live streaming of it by going to the Diocese of Grand Rapids Website
- Just a reminder: Sign Ups are still in the commons for theKnights of Columbus Blood Drive scheduled for June 5
May 12 & 13
- Join Seminarian, Danny Orris this Wednesday – both in the morning and the evening – as he offers information and a walk through about the Mass. More details are in the bulletin.
- Monday is the 2nd night of the workshop a Tribute to Life, even if you weren’t able to attend the 1st event – all are welcome, join us at 6:30 in the Family Center.
- Tuesday at 6:30 we are hosting EPOCH Night, to help recognize and stop Sexual Abuse, this event will be held in the church.
- Friday Morning at 9:00 am, Fr. Tony, Danny and some of our OLC staff members will be on Holy Family Radio. Please listen in!
May 5 & 6
- If you have returned your CSA Pledge Card, thank you for your stewardship! And just a reminder: If you have not responded yet, please do so as soon as possible.
- Make plans to attend our First EPOCH night on Tuesday, May 15. This event is intended to help families address the topic of sexual assault, including how to spot and confront potential risks. More info is in the bulletin and on the website.
- We are forming a committee for Vacation Bible School. If you would like to see VBS happen here this summer, Please contact the Faith Formation office ASAP!
- The 2 night Workshops, entitled A Tribute to Life has information and sign-ups in the commons, and will begin this Monday, at 6:30!
- And opportunities After Mass include
Getting your Blood Pressures checked in the Guadalupe room, Visiting the Parish Library, and (Sunday ONLY) – Coffee and Donuts in the Family Center
April 7 & 8
- The Divine Mercy Novena will conclude Sunday at 3:00pm with a reception to follow in the Guadalupe Room
- Tuesday from 12-7, Knights are hosting a Blood Drive at Kateri Lodge Walk ins are welcome and encouraged
- Tuesday 6pm Domestic Discipleship Family Catechesis
- After Mass Opportunities
Nickie Wentworth-Holton will be in the commons answering your questions about the Teens on a Mission Trip,
Blood Pressure are being taken in the Guadalupe room and the
Parish Library is Open
Catholic Charities of West Michigan are available to answer questions about adoption and fostering children
March 24 & 25
- Blest Art is visiting the parish this weekend. Their mission is to support families in the Holy Land. The have hand-carved nativity sets, statues, crosses, rosaries, and many other pieces of beautiful olive wood art on display and to purchase in the Gym! They accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards.
- And some announcements specific to this Holy Week:
The Parish office will be closed Good Friday
Please be advised that we will be using incense for the Holy Thursday and all Easter Liturgies
Check the Bulletin for the Holy Week Mass Schedule!
March 17 & 18
- We have a Teens on a Mission trip scheduled for this summer. Please attend a mandatory teen/parent meeting this Tuesday at 6:30pm in the Family Center. More information is on the welcome desk in the commons.
- If you were not able to attend the talks by Deacon Harold this past week, you may download them or watch them, by going to our website and clicking on the Parish Mission banner that pops up.
- You can still register for the Middle School Diocesan Shine Youth Rally at West Catholic next Saturday, check with the Faith Formation Office to register.
- A little Correction: The way of the Cross Pilgrimage is schedule for next Saturday, March 24 not the 31st like it is printed (once in the bulletin)
- Also a reminder that there IS Middle School Faith Formation Sunday 3/18
- And If you need to go to Reconciliation before Easter, remember there are no scheduled times during Holy Week, so make plans to go either this coming Tuesday or next Saturday.
- After Mass today you can:
Visit the Parish Library
Sign up for the Blood Drive scheduled for April 10 – in the commons
Sunday Only: And join us for Coffee and Donuts
- February 24 & 25
- On Friday evenings as you’re fasting, try FEASTING on God’s word at our PRAYER & PRAISE event, following the Stations of the Cross at 7:15.
- Our Parish has been assigned to pray on Wednesday, March 7 for the spring 40 Days For Life Campaign. Please sign up for a time in the commons.
- Our Lenten Reconciliation Service is scheduled for next week Sunday evening from 6:00 to 8:00 pm – There will be 12 priests from the Diocese here for confessions. This service will also be accompanied with an Exalt night event.
- Next Sunday we begin the first of three Lenten rites with the elect – those who are preparing to celebrate the Easter Vigil Sacraments; these rites are called Scrutinies. This is a time for the elect to look inside of themselves with a spirit of repentance, a sense of sin, and the true freedom of the children of God. We ask that as a parish we continue to pray for them on their journey.
- February 17 & 18
- Parish Library is open after Mass
- Get a Rice Bowl in the commons
- February 3 & 4
- Ticket forms are available in the Commons to fill out in advance and bring back next weekend to purchase half-priced, $ 20 tickets for the Matthew Kelly event at the DeltaPlex May 19th. Next weekend is your ONLY opportunity to get tickets at this discounted price.
- “We are collecting Gently Used Winter Coats, Snow Pants, Mittens/Gloves, Hats & Warm Sweaters to help needy families in Grand Rapids. You may drop them off till February 18th in the box in the south entry. All Sizes are needed!
- Just a couple reminders:
- 1. There are NO Faith Formation classes Sunday night!
- 2. No daily Masses next week and no Tuesday Reconciliation;
both priests are away
- 3. There IS Altar Server Training on this Tuesday at 6:30
- After Mass Opportunities
- The Parish Library is open this weekend Please Pick up your Sub sandwiches after Mass
- SUNDAY ONLY Coffee & Donuts this weekend
- January 27 & 28
- Lent begins Wednesday, February 14, so now is the time to bring in your old Palms and place them in the basket by the fireplace.
- Discover how our faith has the answers to defeat the temptation to overeat? Stop by the Light Weigh One King table after mass or see the bulletin for details.
- Thank you to those who have agreed to Host Coffee and Donuts after the weekend Masses. We are still in need of a few volunteers for after the 11:00 Mass, Please sign up in the commons!
- Save the date for the Spring OLCEF fundraiser “The Wild Wild West”, scheduled for Friday, May 11!
- Hap Ottenwess’s funeral Mass is scheduled for Tuesday at 11:00, please sign up if you can bring a salad or dessert for the luncheon.
- Save the date for the Spring OLCEF fundraiser “The Wild Wild West”, scheduled for Friday, May 11!
- After Mass Opportunities
You can still order Sub Sandwiches for delivery next weekend from the Knights
Sunday ONLY please join us for the Catholic Schools week Breakfast in the Family Center!
- January 20 & 21
- Reminder: Mass of Remembrance in Honor of our Babies lost too soon, this Tuesday, 7:00 pm
- We are in need of reliable coffee & donuts hosts in order to continue our hospitality after the weekend Masses. To learn more please see the table in the commons.
- Join us next Sunday for the Catholic Schools Week Annual Breakfast sponsored by the Berkshire Hathaway Fase Realtor Group
- Registration for Pre School, D-K and Kindergarten opens this Monday. Contact the School Office
- There is Passion Play Rehearsal after the 11:00 Mass this weekend.
- After Mass Opportunities
- The Parish Library is Open
- And You can order Sub Sandwiches this weekend or next from the Knights. Delivery will be on Super Bowl Weekend, February 3 & 4
- December 30 & 31
- It’s not too late to RSVP for our next Domestic Discipleship Catechesis and Pot Luck dinner being held on Tuesday, January 9th. See the bulletin for more information.
- And you can still signup for the Alpha program beginning in January, In the Commons after Mass.
- December 24 & 25
- OLur Lady of Consolation School is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year and we are hoping to have as many past students and alumni connect with as as we prepare a big celebration this Spring. Please check out the bulletin article to see how you can be a part of the festivities!December 16 & 17
- AFTER next weekend’s 9:00 am Mass, we are in need of volunteers to help set-up chairs and decorate for the Christmas Eve liturgies later that day – There is a sign-up sheet in the commons! AND Don’t forget there is NO 11:00 Mass next Sunday!
- The Good Friday Passion Play is in the beginning stages of casting! Please see Chuck Burch in the commons if you wish to be a part of this OLC Tradition….he will be the one with the Clip Board
- Also after Mass;
You can sign up for the Alpha classes being offered in January
Buy Pies from the Knights
and Purchase Script
December 2 & 3
- Please pay close attention to the front of the bulletin this week!
You may even want to cut it out and save it for future reference! Not only does it include an unusual Mass schedule for next week’s Holy Day Celebrations of the Immaculate Conception, but also, because Christmas is on a Monday this year, the 4th Sunday of Advent has NO 11:00 Mass that morning, because that Sunday is also Christmas Eve!
- Make plans to stay after Mass next Sunday and join us for our Rooted in Christ-Growing to Serve, Kick-off Breakfast. Please come prepared with Campaign questions you may have!
- Just a reminder: ONLY High School students has Faith Formation this weekend.
- The Giving Tree Committee would like to remind you to please return your un-wrapped gift with the tag attached no later than December 14!
- And Opportunities after Mass include:
Ordering Apple and Cherry pies
Getting Your Blood Pressure taken in the Guadalupe Room
Visiting the Parish Library
(only on Sunday) and Purchasing Script
November 18 & 19
- The Knights of Columbus are taking orders for Apple and Cherry pies to be delivered the 9th and 10th of December. Place your order today!
- Our Daily Mass schedule for this week has been modified a bit:
Tuesday we will still have the 7:00 am Mass and an additional 9:00 am School Mass.
Wednesday Mass will be at Story Point as printed in the bulletin
Thursday we will celebrate Thanksgiving at 9:00 am
and Friday there will be no Daily Mass!
- Our Christmas Giving Tree is now located in the commons, please take a tag or 2 and return it with a gift for those in need!
- You may purchase Script after each Sunday Mass from now until Christmas!
- And You can still sign up for the Signs and Wonders Adult Retreat in the commons after Mass.
- [Sunday ONLY] We have Coffee and Donuts after Mass today!
November 11 & 12
- The new church year calendars are in, donated by Pederson Funeral home, you will find them in baskets by all the exits, please take one home!
- Also Lectors, if you have not picked up your 2017-18 Workbook, you will find those in the Vestry!
- Have you signed up for the Signs and Wonders Adult Retreat yet? Check out the table in the commons for more information.
- Next Weekend is our Annual Hearts and Holly Bazaar. The Parents Association would like to thank you in advance for your donations of Cookies and Baked Goods! Please drop them off Friday in the Family Center or if you need, call the school to have someone pick them up!
- Exalt Night is back! Tonight from 6-8 PM. Join us for Eucharistic Adoration, praise and worship, reconciliation, and the opportunity to be prayed over. The entire Parish and friends are welcome!
November 4 & 5
- Thursday Evening we will celebrate our Annual Mass of Remembrance at 7:00 pm for all who have lost family members and friends this past year. If you will be attending this Mass, please email Nickie Wentworth or contact the Parish Office with the Name and Date of Death for those you would like us to pray for. We are preparing gifts for those who attend and need this information!
- Attention Confirmation students, make sure to attend either the Sunday or Monday meetings scheduled for you this week.
- If you are interested in sending your students to West Catholic, please come to an information open house either Monday or Thursday this week. Learn more about the benefits of a faith-based education at West Catholic High School and speak with current parents and students. More information is in the bulletin.
- Reservations are now being taken for the 2018 Cherish Marriage event that will be held at Frederick Meijer Gardens on February 10th. Please see the bulletin/website for details or feel free to pick up a postcard from the welcome table. This event was sold out last year so don’t delay in getting your tickets!
- And don’t forget to get your blood pressure checked before you leave
October 28 & 29
- Just a reminder that this Wednesday, November 1 we will celebrate All Saints Day, (one of the 6 non-Sunday Holy Days of Obligation) at 9:00 am and 7:00 pm Also, we are in need of Liturgical Ministers for the 7:00pm Mass. You will find a sign-up sheet in the commons.
- If you have lost a loved one or friend in the past year, please bring a framed picture to the Parish Office and we will display it in the commons during the month of November, as we remember and pray for the dead.
- Again, it is not too late to get your photo taken for the directory, please sign up on line. And if you have already had your photo taken, your free 8×10 is in the commons on the welcome desk!
- Sunday ONLY The Parents Association is taking orders in the commons for Wreaths that will be available before Thanksgiving!
October 14 & 15
- We are looking for some volunteers to help clean up and re-seed our front lawn. Apparently we had a lightning strike last weekend that affected the electricity to our Parking lot lights. And although the electricians have repaired the damage, we need to smooth, rake and re-seed part of the front lawn that was dug-up. There is a sign-up sheet in the commons, if you can donate a little time and energy to help!
- If you were not able to get your Family Pictures taken for the Parish directory, we have added one final set of dates. Sign up on the Parish Website, The dates are November 1-5
- In the commons you can also:
- Sign up for a time to give Blood for our Fall Blood Drive this coming Tuesday
- Sign up for a time to pray in front of the Abortion clinic on Wednesday
- Get your Tickets to attend the Pastors Square Off, this Thursday
- After 9:00 ONLY And Please join us after Mass for breakfast in the family center with Fr. Maxis
October 14 & 15
Our Parish has been assigned October 25th as the day for us to pray in front of the Abortion Clinic for the 40 Days for Life Campaign. You may sign up for a time to pray in the commons after Mass.
- Next Weekend is World Mission Sunday and Fr. Maxi from St. Jacques in Haiti will be here, sharing a little bit about his parish and school.
We will be taking a 2nd Collection next week with all of the proceeds going directly to running St. Jacques School. Also join us between the 2 Sunday Masses for breakfast with Fr. Maxi!
- This coming Wednesday Night Fr. Tony will be awarded the St. John Paul II Falcon Award presented by West Catholic HS.
Tickets are available for this event by either calling West Catholic
or you can go to their website to register!
- After Mass you can:
- STILL Sign up for Tickets to attend the Pastors Square Off
- Sign up for a time to give Blood for the Parish Blood Drive on October 24th
- And pick up your Caramel Apples!
- Saturday ONLY
And immediately after Mass we will have the Fatima Closing Prayer ceremony in the Family Center!
October 7 & 8
- The training for Children’s Liturgy of the Word, scheduled for tomorrow/today after the 11:00 Mass has been cancelled
- Tickets are available for the Pastors Square Off in the commons after Mass.
- After Mass you can:
- Order Carmel Apples from the Knights of Columbus
- Check out reading options in the Parish Library
- Get your Blood Pressure Checked in the Guadalupe Room
- Sunday ONLYEnjoy Coffee and Donuts
- Get a Flu shot in the Gym
September 30 & October 1
- After Mass the Knights of Columbus are taking orders for Gourmet Caramel Apples,
Saturday – in the hallway by the Commons
Sunday – In the Family Center
- Our Health Ministry would like everyone to know that they are offering a Flu Shot Clinic in the Family Center, next Sunday, October 8th. Details are in the bulletin
- Don’t forget: Get your tickets for the Pastors Square Off scheduled for October 26th, available in the Parish Office
September 16 & 17, 2017
- We are in the process of booking photo appointments for our parish photo directory. So far only 71 families have signed up. You can sign up today in the (Saturday) Commons or (Sunday) Family Center.
- Faith Formation classes begin this week! It is not too late to register for classes or to volunteer.
- Following the 5:00 pm Mass this Sunday there is a parent & student Confirmation meeting in the Holy Family Center.
- If you or someone you know is interested in becoming Catholic please join us Sunday mornings at 10:00 am in classroom 311 for inquiry sessions.
- And Choir Rehearsals begin this Tuesday, at 6:30 pm in Church
In the Commons this weekend you can:
- Still sign up for the Alpha and Living Your Strengths Program and
- Get Information about the Troops of St. George Program
September 9 & 10, 2017
- You have probably heard that we are updating our parish PHOTO directory this fall! Please sign up today by visiting the parish website (under Forms).
- We are hosting Matthew Leonard here at OLC on Saturday September 23 for two dynamic presentations. This weekend’s bulletin has a flyer with more information. There is also a table in the Commons to register to attend, to volunteer for the event and to provide a baked good for our guests at the event. Please check it out!
- Faith Formation begins next weekend with 5:00 pm Mass on Sunday evening. We are still in need of Middle school small group leaders and 4thgrade catechists. To volunteer please contact the Faith Formation office.
- Join us Monday, in church as we come together in Song and Prayer for Peace and Healing in our Nation at 7:00 pm.
- Make sure to sign up in the commons for Alpha after Mass.
- The Health Ministry is taking Blood Pressures after Mass in the Guadalupe Room
- (Sunday ONLY) 6. And don’t forget about the Knights of Columbus Breakfast being served after Mass
September 2 & 3, 2017
- We will celebrate Mass this Monday morning, Labor Day at 9:00AM
- The next Lector and Communion Training is this Tuesday, September 5 at 6:30PM
- Please join us next Monday, September 11th in church as we come together in Song and Prayer for Peace and Healing in our Nation at 7:00 pm. Deacon Hessler will be providing a Message for us!
- Plan on staying for Breakfast next Sunday after Mass as the Knights of Columbus host this meal for us!
- The Music Ministry would like to invite old and new members to sing in the choir this year. Rehearsals are Tuesday nights at 6:30 in church. Beginning September 19!
August 26 & 27, 2017
- Have you or a family member attended or worked for our OLC School?
If the answer is YES…Please stop and connect with the OLC alumni committee at a table in the commons after Mass, as we prepare to celebrate the schools 50th Anniversary!
- If you were unable to attend the Training for Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers held this morning (or yesterday), another training has been scheduled for Tuesday, September 5, at 6:30!
- And signups are still being taken in the commons for:
The Alpha Program and That Man is You
August 12 & 13, 2017
- This coming Tuesday Aug. 15 is a holy day of obligation for the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Mass times are scheduled for 7:00AM and 7:00PM.
- The Knights of Columbus are having their annual picnic Wednesday August 16th at 6PM at the Rockford Community Cabin. All parishioners are invited. More info is in the bulletin.
- The Knights have also scheduled a Yard Sale for next Saturday, August 19 at the Kateri Lodge.
- Please pick up your FUNERAL DISHES TODAY in the Family Center. Any dishes not picked up will go into the K of C Yard Sale next Saturday!
- We have scheduled another series of the Alpha Course to begin the week of September 16th. If you would like to attend or help, please see our website or Julie Foley.
- We have scheduled training dates for lectors and communion ministers at the parish. Our 1st training date for both ministries will be, Saturday, Aug. 26.
- Lector training begins promptly at 10:00 and Communion Ministers at 11:00. For questions contact Deacon Jim Hessler.
- And the Next OLC Blood Drive is Tuesday, August 22. Registration instructions are in today’s bulletin!
June 3 & 4, 2017
- It’s not too late to register or volunteer on line for VBS. Please inquire in the Faith Formation office for more information.
- We are providing Virtus training this Wednesday, at 6:15 pm in the Family Center, for adults who are volunteering for VBS, Teens on a Mission, coaching, teaching or chaperoning etc
- Also, there are 2 Training sessions this Tuesday for all VBS volunteers! Please attend at either 10 am or 6 pm!
- Blood Donors are desperately needed this Tuesday June 6th from 12:00 to 7:30pm at the Kateri Lodge! Please sign up in the Commons after Mass with the Knights of Columbus.
- And don’t forget to turn in the baby bottles either at the table in the commons or the Parish Office!
May 27-28, 2017
- For all who are participating in the Baby Bottle “Cash for Kids” Campaign: Now is the time to return the bottles; Please return them filled or unfilled; they all must be accounted for.
- Just one more reminder that all are welcome to gather together on
Tuesday evenings in church at 7:00 pm
- And please join us this Memorial Day Monday at 9:00, as we celebrate Mass and pray for the Country!
- We are in need of a few more Eucharistic Ministers and servers for this Mass,So, if you are available please sign up in the commons!
May 13-14, 2017
- If you are interested in learning more about becoming Catholic please join us THIS Wednesday, at 6:30 pm for an inquiry meeting or if you are unable to attend Please contact the Faith Formation office!
- Registration for volunteers and students for our upcoming Vacation Bible School is now available on line at the parish website.
- The OLCEF’s 80’s Glow Party is just one week away!Please Stop by the table setup in the commons if you would like to volunteer, donate or get your raffle and admission tickets!
May 6-7, 2017
- If you are interested in learning more about becoming Catholic please join us on Wednesday, May 17th at 6:30 for an inquiry meeting or contact the Faith Formation office.
- We have implemented a May 31st deadline to give input on the Building Master Plan, the surveys can be found on the table in the commons.
- There is a Retrouvaille meeting in the library directly following this weekend’s 11:00 Mass. If you know of someone struggling in their marriage, come and learn more.
- Our Parish is sponsoring a “Coins for Kids” Baby Bottle Drive for the month of May. Pick up a bottle after mass and fill it with coins or cash. Please return it to church by May 28. All proceeds benefit Grand Rapids Right to Life and 5 local prolife pregnancy centers.
- St. Alphonsus is in need of volunteers for their Tuesday, May 23rd Supper House Ministry. If you are interested please see Chelie Simmons after Mass in the commons.
- And Just an FYI – Next weekend Bishop Walkoviak will be here celebrating at the 11:00 Mass.
March 18 & 19, 2017
2. We invite you to join us for Pancakes with the Priests following the Stations of the Cross this Friday. The Stations will begin at 6:00 and Pancakes will be served immediately following, at approximately 6:30
**please note: Pancakes with the priests has been canceled.
March 11 & 12, 2017
1. If you would like more information on the CSA Campaign, go to our website and watch the CSA video produced by the Diocese.
2. Just a reminder that we have a Town Hall Meeting scheduled for Monday, March 20, 7:00pm here in church, to again discuss the process of our Facilities Master Plan.
3. On the schedule this week are:
a. Thursday’s Diocesan wide, “The Light is on for You” Campaign. Every church in the Diocese will be offering the Sacrament of Reconciliation from 5:00 to 8:00 pm. Please inform your families, friends and co-workers.
b. and we are hosting a Healing Service, here Friday at 7:00pm. the Stations of the Cross will be prayed at 6:00pm on Friday, this week.