- April 7 & 8
The Divine Mercy Novena will conclude Sunday at 3:00pm with a reception to follow in the Guadalupe Room
- Tuesday from 12-7, Knights are hosting a Blood Drive at Kateri Lodge Walk ins are welcome and encouraged
- Tuesday 6pm Domestic Discipleship Family Catechesis
- After Mass Opportunities
Nickie Wentworth-Holton will be in the commons answering your questions about the Teens on a Mission Trip,
Blood Pressure are being taken in the Guadalupe room and the
Parish Library is Open
Catholic Charities of West Michigan are available to answer questions about adoption and fostering children
March 24 & 25
- Blest Art is visiting the parish this weekend. Their mission is to support families in the Holy Land. The have hand-carved nativity sets, statues, crosses, rosaries, and many other pieces of beautiful olive wood art on display and to purchase in the Gym! They accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards.
- And some announcements specific to this Holy Week:
The Parish office will be closed Good Friday
Please be advised that we will be using incense for the Holy Thursday and all Easter Liturgies
Check the Bulletin for the Holy Week Mass Schedule!
March 17 & 18
- We have a Teens on a Mission trip scheduled for this summer. Please attend a mandatory teen/parent meeting this Tuesday at 6:30pm in the Family Center. More information is on the welcome desk in the commons.
- If you were not able to attend the talks by Deacon Harold this past week, you may download them or watch them, by going to our website and clicking on the Parish Mission banner that pops up.
- You can still register for the Middle School Diocesan Shine Youth Rally at West Catholic next Saturday, check with the Faith Formation Office to register.
- A little Correction: The way of the Cross Pilgrimage is schedule for next Saturday, March 24 not the 31st like it is printed (once in the bulletin)
- Also a reminder that there IS Middle School Faith Formation Sunday 3/18
- And If you need to go to Reconciliation before Easter, remember there are no scheduled times during Holy Week, so make plans to go either this coming Tuesday or next Saturday.
- After Mass today you can:
Visit the Parish Library
Sign up for the Blood Drive scheduled for April 10 – in the commons
Sunday Only: And join us for Coffee and Donuts
- February 24 & 25
- On Friday evenings as you’re fasting, try FEASTING on God’s word at our PRAYER & PRAISE event, following the Stations of the Cross at 7:15.
- Our Parish has been assigned to pray on Wednesday, March 7 for the spring 40 Days For Life Campaign. Please sign up for a time in the commons.
- Our Lenten Reconciliation Service is scheduled for next week Sunday evening from 6:00 to 8:00 pm – There will be 12 priests from the Diocese here for confessions. This service will also be accompanied with an Exalt night event.
- Next Sunday we begin the first of three Lenten rites with the elect – those who are preparing to celebrate the Easter Vigil Sacraments; these rites are called Scrutinies. This is a time for the elect to look inside of themselves with a spirit of repentance, a sense of sin, and the true freedom of the children of God. We ask that as a parish we continue to pray for them on their journey.
- February 17 & 18
- Parish Library is open after Mass
- Get a Rice Bowl in the commons
- February 3 & 4
- Ticket forms are available in the Commons to fill out in advance and bring back next weekend to purchase half-priced, $ 20 tickets for the Matthew Kelly event at the DeltaPlex May 19th. Next weekend is your ONLY opportunity to get tickets at this discounted price.
- “We are collecting Gently Used Winter Coats, Snow Pants, Mittens/Gloves, Hats & Warm Sweaters to help needy families in Grand Rapids. You may drop them off till February 18th in the box in the south entry. All Sizes are needed!
- Just a couple reminders:
- 1. There are NO Faith Formation classes Sunday night!
- 2. No daily Masses next week and no Tuesday Reconciliation;
both priests are away
- 3. There IS Altar Server Training on this Tuesday at 6:30
- After Mass Opportunities
- The Parish Library is open this weekend Please Pick up your Sub sandwiches after Mass
- SUNDAY ONLY Coffee & Donuts this weekend
- January 27 & 28
- Lent begins Wednesday, February 14, so now is the time to bring in your old Palms and place them in the basket by the fireplace.
- Discover how our faith has the answers to defeat the temptation to overeat? Stop by the Light Weigh One King table after mass or see the bulletin for details.
- Thank you to those who have agreed to Host Coffee and Donuts after the weekend Masses. We are still in need of a few volunteers for after the 11:00 Mass, Please sign up in the commons!
- Save the date for the Spring OLCEF fundraiser “The Wild Wild West”, scheduled for Friday, May 11!
- Hap Ottenwess’s funeral Mass is scheduled for Tuesday at 11:00, please sign up if you can bring a salad or dessert for the luncheon.
- Save the date for the Spring OLCEF fundraiser “The Wild Wild West”, scheduled for Friday, May 11!
- After Mass Opportunities
You can still order Sub Sandwiches for delivery next weekend from the Knights
Sunday ONLY please join us for the Catholic Schools week Breakfast in the Family Center!
- January 20 & 21
- Reminder: Mass of Remembrance in Honor of our Babies lost too soon, this Tuesday, 7:00 pm
- We are in need of reliable coffee & donuts hosts in order to continue our hospitality after the weekend Masses. To learn more please see the table in the commons.
- Join us next Sunday for the Catholic Schools Week Annual Breakfast sponsored by the Berkshire Hathaway Fase Realtor Group
- Registration for Pre School, D-K and Kindergarten opens this Monday. Contact the School Office
- There is Passion Play Rehearsal after the 11:00 Mass this weekend.
- After Mass Opportunities
- The Parish Library is Open
- And You can order Sub Sandwiches this weekend or next from the Knights. Delivery will be on Super Bowl Weekend, February 3 & 4
- December 30 & 31
- It’s not too late to RSVP for our next Domestic Discipleship Catechesis and Pot Luck dinner being held on Tuesday, January 9th. See the bulletin for more information.
- And you can still signup for the Alpha program beginning in January, In the Commons after Mass.
- December 24 & 25
- OLur Lady of Consolation School is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year and we are hoping to have as many past students and alumni connect with as as we prepare a big celebration this Spring. Please check out the bulletin article to see how you can be a part of the festivities!December 16 & 17
- AFTER next weekend’s 9:00 am Mass, we are in need of volunteers to help set-up chairs and decorate for the Christmas Eve liturgies later that day – There is a sign-up sheet in the commons! AND Don’t forget there is NO 11:00 Mass next Sunday!
- The Good Friday Passion Play is in the beginning stages of casting! Please see Chuck Burch in the commons if you wish to be a part of this OLC Tradition….he will be the one with the Clip Board
- Also after Mass;
You can sign up for the Alpha classes being offered in January
Buy Pies from the Knights
and Purchase Script
December 2 & 3
- Please pay close attention to the front of the bulletin this week!
You may even want to cut it out and save it for future reference! Not only does it include an unusual Mass schedule for next week’s Holy Day Celebrations of the Immaculate Conception, but also, because Christmas is on a Monday this year, the 4th Sunday of Advent has NO 11:00 Mass that morning, because that Sunday is also Christmas Eve!
- Make plans to stay after Mass next Sunday and join us for our Rooted in Christ-Growing to Serve, Kick-off Breakfast. Please come prepared with Campaign questions you may have!
- Just a reminder: ONLY High School students has Faith Formation this weekend.
- The Giving Tree Committee would like to remind you to please return your un-wrapped gift with the tag attached no later than December 14!
- And Opportunities after Mass include:
Ordering Apple and Cherry pies
Getting Your Blood Pressure taken in the Guadalupe Room
Visiting the Parish Library
(only on Sunday) and Purchasing Script
November 18 & 19
- The Knights of Columbus are taking orders for Apple and Cherry pies to be delivered the 9th and 10th of December. Place your order today!
- Our Daily Mass schedule for this week has been modified a bit:
Tuesday we will still have the 7:00 am Mass and an additional 9:00 am School Mass.
Wednesday Mass will be at Story Point as printed in the bulletin
Thursday we will celebrate Thanksgiving at 9:00 am
and Friday there will be no Daily Mass!
- Our Christmas Giving Tree is now located in the commons, please take a tag or 2 and return it with a gift for those in need!
- You may purchase Script after each Sunday Mass from now until Christmas!
- And You can still sign up for the Signs and Wonders Adult Retreat in the commons after Mass.
- [Sunday ONLY] We have Coffee and Donuts after Mass today!
November 11 & 12
- The new church year calendars are in, donated by Pederson Funeral home, you will find them in baskets by all the exits, please take one home!
- Also Lectors, if you have not picked up your 2017-18 Workbook, you will find those in the Vestry!
- Have you signed up for the Signs and Wonders Adult Retreat yet? Check out the table in the commons for more information.
- Next Weekend is our Annual Hearts and Holly Bazaar. The Parents Association would like to thank you in advance for your donations of Cookies and Baked Goods! Please drop them off Friday in the Family Center or if you need, call the school to have someone pick them up!
- Exalt Night is back! Tonight from 6-8 PM. Join us for Eucharistic Adoration, praise and worship, reconciliation, and the opportunity to be prayed over. The entire Parish and friends are welcome!
November 4 & 5
- Thursday Evening we will celebrate our Annual Mass of Remembrance at 7:00 pm for all who have lost family members and friends this past year. If you will be attending this Mass, please email Nickie Wentworth or contact the Parish Office with the Name and Date of Death for those you would like us to pray for. We are preparing gifts for those who attend and need this information!
- Attention Confirmation students, make sure to attend either the Sunday or Monday meetings scheduled for you this week.
- If you are interested in sending your students to West Catholic, please come to an information open house either Monday or Thursday this week. Learn more about the benefits of a faith-based education at West Catholic High School and speak with current parents and students. More information is in the bulletin.
- Reservations are now being taken for the 2018 Cherish Marriage event that will be held at Frederick Meijer Gardens on February 10th. Please see the bulletin/website for details or feel free to pick up a postcard from the welcome table. This event was sold out last year so don’t delay in getting your tickets!
- And don’t forget to get your blood pressure checked before you leave
October 28 & 29
- Just a reminder that this Wednesday, November 1 we will celebrate All Saints Day, (one of the 6 non-Sunday Holy Days of Obligation) at 9:00 am and 7:00 pm Also, we are in need of Liturgical Ministers for the 7:00pm Mass. You will find a sign-up sheet in the commons.
- If you have lost a loved one or friend in the past year, please bring a framed picture to the Parish Office and we will display it in the commons during the month of November, as we remember and pray for the dead.
- Again, it is not too late to get your photo taken for the directory, please sign up on line. And if you have already had your photo taken, your free 8×10 is in the commons on the welcome desk!
- Sunday ONLY The Parents Association is taking orders in the commons for Wreaths that will be available before Thanksgiving!
October 14 & 15
- We are looking for some volunteers to help clean up and re-seed our front lawn. Apparently we had a lightning strike last weekend that affected the electricity to our Parking lot lights. And although the electricians have repaired the damage, we need to smooth, rake and re-seed part of the front lawn that was dug-up. There is a sign-up sheet in the commons, if you can donate a little time and energy to help!
- If you were not able to get your Family Pictures taken for the Parish directory, we have added one final set of dates. Sign up on the Parish Website, The dates are November 1-5
- In the commons you can also:
- Sign up for a time to give Blood for our Fall Blood Drive this coming Tuesday
- Sign up for a time to pray in front of the Abortion clinic on Wednesday
- Get your Tickets to attend the Pastors Square Off, this Thursday
- After 9:00 ONLY And Please join us after Mass for breakfast in the family center with Fr. Maxis
October 14 & 15
Our Parish has been assigned October 25th as the day for us to pray in front of the Abortion Clinic for the 40 Days for Life Campaign. You may sign up for a time to pray in the commons after Mass.
- Next Weekend is World Mission Sunday and Fr. Maxi from St. Jacques in Haiti will be here, sharing a little bit about his parish and school.
We will be taking a 2nd Collection next week with all of the proceeds going directly to running St. Jacques School. Also join us between the 2 Sunday Masses for breakfast with Fr. Maxi!
- This coming Wednesday Night Fr. Tony will be awarded the St. John Paul II Falcon Award presented by West Catholic HS.
Tickets are available for this event by either calling West Catholic
or you can go to their website to register!
- After Mass you can:
- STILL Sign up for Tickets to attend the Pastors Square Off
- Sign up for a time to give Blood for the Parish Blood Drive on October 24th
- And pick up your Caramel Apples!
- Saturday ONLY
And immediately after Mass we will have the Fatima Closing Prayer ceremony in the Family Center!
October 7 & 8
- The training for Children’s Liturgy of the Word, scheduled for tomorrow/today after the 11:00 Mass has been cancelled
- Tickets are available for the Pastors Square Off in the commons after Mass.
- After Mass you can:
- Order Carmel Apples from the Knights of Columbus
- Check out reading options in the Parish Library
- Get your Blood Pressure Checked in the Guadalupe Room
- Sunday ONLYEnjoy Coffee and Donuts
- Get a Flu shot in the Gym
September 30 & October 1
- After Mass the Knights of Columbus are taking orders for Gourmet Caramel Apples,
Saturday – in the hallway by the Commons
Sunday – In the Family Center
- Our Health Ministry would like everyone to know that they are offering a Flu Shot Clinic in the Family Center, next Sunday, October 8th. Details are in the bulletin
- Don’t forget: Get your tickets for the Pastors Square Off scheduled for October 26th, available in the Parish Office
September 16 & 17, 2017
- We are in the process of booking photo appointments for our parish photo directory. So far only 71 families have signed up. You can sign up today in the (Saturday) Commons or (Sunday) Family Center.
- Faith Formation classes begin this week! It is not too late to register for classes or to volunteer.
- Following the 5:00 pm Mass this Sunday there is a parent & student Confirmation meeting in the Holy Family Center.
- If you or someone you know is interested in becoming Catholic please join us Sunday mornings at 10:00 am in classroom 311 for inquiry sessions.
- And Choir Rehearsals begin this Tuesday, at 6:30 pm in Church
In the Commons this weekend you can:
- Still sign up for the Alpha and Living Your Strengths Program and
- Get Information about the Troops of St. George Program
September 9 & 10, 2017
- You have probably heard that we are updating our parish PHOTO directory this fall! Please sign up today by visiting the parish website (under Forms).
- We are hosting Matthew Leonard here at OLC on Saturday September 23 for two dynamic presentations. This weekend’s bulletin has a flyer with more information. There is also a table in the Commons to register to attend, to volunteer for the event and to provide a baked good for our guests at the event. Please check it out!
- Faith Formation begins next weekend with 5:00 pm Mass on Sunday evening. We are still in need of Middle school small group leaders and 4thgrade catechists. To volunteer please contact the Faith Formation office.
- Join us Monday, in church as we come together in Song and Prayer for Peace and Healing in our Nation at 7:00 pm.
- Make sure to sign up in the commons for Alpha after Mass.
- The Health Ministry is taking Blood Pressures after Mass in the Guadalupe Room
- (Sunday ONLY) 6. And don’t forget about the Knights of Columbus Breakfast being served after Mass
September 2 & 3, 2017
- We will celebrate Mass this Monday morning, Labor Day at 9:00AM
- The next Lector and Communion Training is this Tuesday, September 5 at 6:30PM
- Please join us next Monday, September 11th in church as we come together in Song and Prayer for Peace and Healing in our Nation at 7:00 pm. Deacon Hessler will be providing a Message for us!
- Plan on staying for Breakfast next Sunday after Mass as the Knights of Columbus host this meal for us!
- The Music Ministry would like to invite old and new members to sing in the choir this year. Rehearsals are Tuesday nights at 6:30 in church. Beginning September 19!
August 26 & 27, 2017
- Have you or a family member attended or worked for our OLC School?
If the answer is YES…Please stop and connect with the OLC alumni committee at a table in the commons after Mass, as we prepare to celebrate the schools 50th Anniversary!
- If you were unable to attend the Training for Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers held this morning (or yesterday), another training has been scheduled for Tuesday, September 5, at 6:30!
- And signups are still being taken in the commons for:
The Alpha Program and That Man is You
August 12 & 13, 2017
- This coming Tuesday Aug. 15 is a holy day of obligation for the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Mass times are scheduled for 7:00AM and 7:00PM.
- The Knights of Columbus are having their annual picnic Wednesday August 16th at 6PM at the Rockford Community Cabin. All parishioners are invited. More info is in the bulletin.
- The Knights have also scheduled a Yard Sale for next Saturday, August 19 at the Kateri Lodge.
- Please pick up your FUNERAL DISHES TODAY in the Family Center. Any dishes not picked up will go into the K of C Yard Sale next Saturday!
- We have scheduled another series of the Alpha Course to begin the week of September 16th. If you would like to attend or help, please see our website or Julie Foley.
- We have scheduled training dates for lectors and communion ministers at the parish. Our 1st training date for both ministries will be, Saturday, Aug. 26.
- Lector training begins promptly at 10:00 and Communion Ministers at 11:00. For questions contact Deacon Jim Hessler.
- And the Next OLC Blood Drive is Tuesday, August 22. Registration instructions are in today’s bulletin!
June 3 & 4, 2017
- It’s not too late to register or volunteer on line for VBS. Please inquire in the Faith Formation office for more information.
- We are providing Virtus training this Wednesday, at 6:15 pm in the Family Center, for adults who are volunteering for VBS, Teens on a Mission, coaching, teaching or chaperoning etc
- Also, there are 2 Training sessions this Tuesday for all VBS volunteers! Please attend at either 10 am or 6 pm!
- Blood Donors are desperately needed this Tuesday June 6th from 12:00 to 7:30pm at the Kateri Lodge! Please sign up in the Commons after Mass with the Knights of Columbus.
- And don’t forget to turn in the baby bottles either at the table in the commons or the Parish Office!
May 27-28, 2017
- For all who are participating in the Baby Bottle “Cash for Kids” Campaign: Now is the time to return the bottles; Please return them filled or unfilled; they all must be accounted for.
- Just one more reminder that all are welcome to gather together on
Tuesday evenings in church at 7:00 pm
- And please join us this Memorial Day Monday at 9:00, as we celebrate Mass and pray for the Country!
- We are in need of a few more Eucharistic Ministers and servers for this Mass,So, if you are available please sign up in the commons!
May 13-14, 2017
- If you are interested in learning more about becoming Catholic please join us THIS Wednesday, at 6:30 pm for an inquiry meeting or if you are unable to attend Please contact the Faith Formation office!
- Registration for volunteers and students for our upcoming Vacation Bible School is now available on line at the parish website.
- The OLCEF’s 80’s Glow Party is just one week away!Please Stop by the table setup in the commons if you would like to volunteer, donate or get your raffle and admission tickets!
May 6-7, 2017
- If you are interested in learning more about becoming Catholic please join us on Wednesday, May 17th at 6:30 for an inquiry meeting or contact the Faith Formation office.
- We have implemented a May 31st deadline to give input on the Building Master Plan, the surveys can be found on the table in the commons.
- There is a Retrouvaille meeting in the library directly following this weekend’s 11:00 Mass. If you know of someone struggling in their marriage, come and learn more.
- Our Parish is sponsoring a “Coins for Kids” Baby Bottle Drive for the month of May. Pick up a bottle after mass and fill it with coins or cash. Please return it to church by May 28. All proceeds benefit Grand Rapids Right to Life and 5 local prolife pregnancy centers.
- St. Alphonsus is in need of volunteers for their Tuesday, May 23rd Supper House Ministry. If you are interested please see Chelie Simmons after Mass in the commons.
- And Just an FYI – Next weekend Bishop Walkoviak will be here celebrating at the 11:00 Mass.
March 18 & 19, 2017
2. We invite you to join us for Pancakes with the Priests following the Stations of the Cross this Friday. The Stations will begin at 6:00 and Pancakes will be served immediately following, at approximately 6:30
**please note: Pancakes with the priests has been canceled.
March 11 & 12, 2017
1. If you would like more information on the CSA Campaign, go to our website and watch the CSA video produced by the Diocese.
2. Just a reminder that we have a Town Hall Meeting scheduled for Monday, March 20, 7:00pm here in church, to again discuss the process of our Facilities Master Plan.
3. On the schedule this week are:
a. Thursday’s Diocesan wide, “The Light is on for You” Campaign. Every church in the Diocese will be offering the Sacrament of Reconciliation from 5:00 to 8:00 pm. Please inform your families, friends and co-workers.
b. and we are hosting a Healing Service, here Friday at 7:00pm. the Stations of the Cross will be prayed at 6:00pm on Friday, this week.