November 30 & December 1, 2019
- The Knights of Columbus are taking orders for their Christmas Pies after Mass this weekend, the pies will be delivered the Weekend of December 14 & 15!
- The front of the bulletin has important scheduling information for the Sacrament of Reconciliation and the Mass Schedule for the Holy Day and Christmas Masses. Please check it out!
- Just a reminder that our Parish Mission entitled “Live Our Faith” presented by John Schweisthal begins next Sunday December 8th and runs through the 11th. Check the bulletin or website for the full Schedule!
- Some other reminders:
This is the weekend to return your non-perishable Groceries to help those in need through North Kent Connect
Our Giving Tree in the commons still has plenty of tags on it!November 23 & 24, 2019
- Just a reminder that Nourish for Caregivers is meeting this Monday, Nov 25 at 6 in the Elizabeth Ann Seton Room
- Join us Thursday, at 9:00 am to begin your Thanksgiving day celebrations with Mass
- And just a reminder, the Parish Offices will be closed on Friday and there will be no Morning Mass this Friday, as well.
- We thank everyone who shared a picture of their deceased loved ones this month of November, please make sure to take their pictures and candles home after Mass.
- Mark your calendars to attend the Last Mission presented by John Swythanthal entitled “Live Our Faith” here at our Parish, before he begins life as a retired Lay Evangelist! The Mission is scheduled for December 8th through the 11th.
- And Make sure to go to Papa Murphy’s on Northland Drive thru this Wednesday to benefit our Haiti Mission, don’t forget to mention Haiti or OLC.
November 16 & 17, 2019
- The OLC Giving Tree is up! Please return your UNWRAPPED, NEW gift with the tag attached to it by December 14.
- This weekend is the final opportunity to sign the Dismemberment Ban Petition, signing is available at all entrances. Also, all Petitions must be turned into the church office by the end of the month.
- Adults AND young adults – join us for Wednesday Night LIVE! with Jim Flickinger’s talk – “Is God Calling Me To More?” You can attend this event either at 5:00 OR 6:45 in Rm. 309
- Help the Haiti Connection Ministry by going to Papa Murphy’s on Northland Drive between Wednesday thru Wednesday this coming week, MENTION OLC or Haiti Connection and they will donate 35% of your purchase.
- (Sunday ONLY) – and you can also help our Haiti Ministry by checking out the table in the Family Center with all the information about next spring’s Golf Outing. Sponsors, golfers, and donations are all needed!
- If you haven’t pick up the new Church year Calendars, get them in the baskets by the entrances and Lector’s your new Workbooks are ready available at the Welcome Table.
- And don’t forget Next Saturday is Bazaar – Please bring your baked goods and cookie donations to the Family Center on Friday, after 12pm.
- (Sunday ONLY) And Bazaar Raffle Tickets are again available after Mass
- (Sunday ONLY) Coffee and Donuts
November 9 & 10, 2019
- Make plans to attend the Hearts and Holly Bazaar in two weeks, Saturday November 23, from 8:00 – 3:30 The Cookie Booth is a huge success at the Bazaar – because of all our Parish bakers! So please bring your cookie donations to the Family Center on Friday, Nov 22 after 12pm. And Bazaar Raffle Tickets will be sold after Mass today, or you can get them in the Parish or School Office during the week
- The OLC Giving Tree will be set up in the commons next weekend! Please return your UNWRAPPED, NEW gift with the tag attached to by December 14. And if you are willing to adopt a family, please let us know, all contact information is in the bulletin.
- Also next week the Knights of Columbus will be handing out grocery bags to bring Non-Perishable foods back the weekend of December 1, this food drive supports North Kent Connect.
- We now have Adult Faith Formation on Wednesday evenings! Join us LIVE! this Wednesday with Father Andrew. He will be talking about the Mass and answering your questions about the faith. For the specifics, contact the faith formation office, check the bulletin, or the Community Happenings in your emails.
- Join us [tomorrow or today] at 1:00 in the Family Center for a “Tribute for Life” presentation. Lead by Deacon Jim Hessler and attorney Jim Scales, this talk will answer questions about what the Catholic Church teaches about end of life issues and how to plan your funeral.
- And once again you can sign up after Mass for a timeslot to have your picture taken for the updated Parish directory.
October 26 & 27, 2019
- This coming Friday we celebrate All Saints Day with 3 Masses here at the Parish, come pray with us at either 7 a.m., 9 a.m., or 7 p.m.
- Also, this is the time of year we remember are loved ones who have passed away this year We invite you to bring in a picture of them to share in the commons. We will also celebrate a Mass of Remembrance for them, next Saturday- All Souls day at 10 a.m.
- It’s time again to update our photo directory! If you are not included in the current directory, or would like to update your photo, please visit the parish website to sign up for a time slot.
- If you haven’t toured the new Rectory (tomorrow/today) is your last chance. The Open House is scheduled from 10 – 2
- And the new Parking Lot on the southeast side of the campus is now Open for weekend Masses. Because of constructions trucks coming in and out, we recommend you not use it during the weekdays, yet!
October 12 & 13, 2019
- Have you registered yet for the Prophets Bible study beginning Oct. 28 with Duane Parker? Please register online or by contacting the faith formation office.
- And you can still signup for the Blood Drive scheduled for this Tuesday!
- Blood Pressures will be taken after Mass in the Family Center
- And the Knights of Columbus have some extra Carmel Apples to be purchased!
- [SUNDAY ONLY!]
- If you haven’t received your flu shot this season, Hometown Pharmacy is offering them after Mass today in the Family Center
- Then you can share in fellowship with others enjoying Coffee and Donuts this morning!
September 21 & 22, 2019
- Due to the Annual Priest Convocation this week, there will not be daily Mass on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, and NO Reconciliation on Tuesday evening. AND Friday’s daily Mass will include the OLC School students.
- We are taking sign-ups for the next Blood Drive on Tuesday, October 15. There is a sign-up table in the commons.
- The Respect Life Ministry is again gathering signatures after Mass for the Dismemberment Ban Petition.
They are also offering 2 opportunities to view the movie Unplanned -right here at the Parish. Join them in the Seton room this Thursday either at 9:00 am or again that same evening at 6:30!
- The “Women of Our Lady” Ministry invites you to “Be Still” at their weekly “Blessed Is She” study on Monday mornings or Tuesday evenings. Sign-ups and information are available in the commons.
- Elementary Faith Formation begins this Wednesday, with Parent/Child Orientation classes. Please contact Josh Hanson for more information or with questions.
- And it’s time for the yearly Knights of Columbus Gourmet Apple sales, they will be taking orders this weekend and next, and will deliver the Apples the 1st weekend of October!
- And a few Reminders:
- 1. Reserve your spot for the North Kent Connect Pastor’s Feud on October 10th by contacting the Parish Office!
- 2. And the Altar Servers Training is this Tuesday evening!
September 7 & 8, 2019
- Our next Altar Servers Training is scheduled for Tuesday, September 24 in the evening, check the bulletin for more details and to register.
- If you haven’t yet signed the Dismemberment Ban Petition, you will have an opportunity either after Mass or during the Parish Picnic.
- Our Parish is sponsoring 3 tables at the North Kent Connect Pastor’s Feud on Thursday, October 10th! Reserve your spot and support our very own Fr. Andrew, by calling or stopping by the Parish office to sign up! Tickets are $50 a piece! This evening consists of great food, drinks, fun and lots of laughs, and benefits those in need right here in our community.
- The OLC Athletic Department is looking for Golf Teams for their 6th Annual Golf Outing on Saturday, September 21st! Registration forms are available on the Welcome Table!
- There will be Confirmation Information Meetings, tonight and Monday evening, at 6:30 in the Church. If you’re planning on your teen being confirmed this year, a parent and the teen must attend.
- Just some Reminders:
- Please come back for the Parish Picnic after the 11:00 Mass and enjoy the family fun!
- Support the OLCEF after Mass buy purchasing mums
- and 1 last time, please check the Lost and Found table in the commons
August 31 & September 1, 2019
- Our Annual Parish picnic is next weekend in the north parking lot. Please note the parking lot will not be available for parking during Mass because of the picnic. Assistance will be available for those who park down at Kateri Lodge
- Also next weekend you will have the opportunity to support the OLCEF buy purchasing mums. 8 inch mums will be sold for $5 each or you can buy 5 for $20.
- I think our Lost and Found table has multiplied instead of decreased since last weekend! So Please check in the commons on the table for the multitude of items left here!
August 24 & 25, 2019
- Due to the Parish Staff Retreat next week, there will be NO Thursday morning 9:00am Mass! However we will celebrate Mass on Wednesday Morning with the School Children at 9:00 am, here in Church, All Are Welcome!
- We have a new security policy for weekdays: with the beginning of the School Year and the added number of people around due to the construction project, we are asking All parishioners and visitors to sign in and obtain a visitors pass from the parish office prior to entering the building, this is just during non-Mass times.
- Our Cup Runneth Over…that is our Lost and Found Basket! Please check on the tables in the commons if you are missing, hats, gloves, coats, sunglasses, umbrellas, children’s books and some well-loved toys, just to name a few!
August 17 & 18, 2019
- From the Faith Formation Office: Registration for all Fall classes will open up ONLINE this Tuesday, August 20. Please contact the Faith Formation Office if you have any questions or need assistance.
- The “Women of Our Lady” ministry is hosting a welcome social on August 23rd at Kateri Lodge featuring guest speakers “The Prayer Ladies”. Members of the Leadership Team are also available after Mass in the commons with information for upcoming events including a weekly study to begin in September.
All women welcome.
- Attention Sacristan’s and those who wish to be Sacristan… We need You!
This Wednesday, at 7:00 pm is a training course in Church, with all of the new changes that need to be implemented! Please be sure to attend or contact Jeannie Hawkins if you are unavailable.
- Also in the commons this weekend you can: • Sign the Dismemberment Ban Petition (we have over 350 signatures thus far) and still sign up for this Tuesday’s Blood Drive!
- (Sunday ONLY) and then join us for Coffee and Donuts in the Family Center
August 3 & 4, 2019
- From our School: Due to the building permits being delayed a little this summer, the start date for school and the PA meeting that precedes it, have been pushed back…please see the bulletin or the school website for details!
- This Thursday, the 15th we celebrate the Feast of the Assumption. The Holy Day Masses are scheduled for 9:00am and 7:00pm. The Knights of Columbus will be leading the Rosary at 6:30pm in church, all are welcome to join them!
- Wednesday is the scheduled final demolition of the Rectory. Check our Facebook page for the details as we receive them, if you wish to witness the end of an era!
- Sunday ONLY Just a reminder if you haven’t yet, please sign-up for the August 20th Blood Drive in the commons after Mass.
- And Save the Date for our Parish Picnic Sunday, September 8th after the 11:00 Mass! If you would like to get involved with this family fun event, please contact any member of the Stewardship Council.
June 29 & 30, 2019
- We have a Correction in this week’s bulletin
There is NO Reconciliation this Tuesday July 2 or ANY Tuesday during the month of July! However, there WILL still be Reconciliation in July on Saturdays at 3:30pmIn addition the Parish Office will close at 12:00 noon for all of the Fridays in July!
- We have a funeral luncheon this Monday, please sign up in the commons if you are able to provide a salad or dessert.
- If you donated baked goods last weekend or food for funerals, 1st of all we want to Thank you and 2nd there is a table and a cupboard out in the commons full with your containers and platters, please take them home!
- Join us next weekend in welcoming our new associate pastor, Fr. Andrew Ayers, to OLC. We will have a welcome reception after every Mass next weekend, and are looking for volunteers to serve hospitality. See the sign-up sheet on the table in the commons.
June 22 & 23, 2019
- As Fr. Stephen Durkee begins his new assignment as the Vocations Director for the Diocese of Grand Rapids on July 1st, we must say goodbye! Please come to the Holy Family Center after Mass to say farewell to him. There will be refreshments and baked goods on this, his final weekend at Our Lady of Consolation.
June 15 & 16, 2019
- We have been notified by the Diocese that the “Impersonating Priest Scam” is recirculating again.
Do NOT give money or gift cards to any request via text, email or Facebook Message. If you do get such a request, do not engage or respond, and please call the parish office and notify a staff member.
- We have many opportunities to come to Mass this week! Because of VBS, we will celebrate everyday this week at 9 a.m. which includes the celebration of the Feast of Our Lady of Consolation on Thursday morning. In addition we will have Mass before the Scott Hahn presentation Saturday morning at 8:00 a.m.
- If you still need to get Scott Hahn tickets, you can purchase them online, through the Parish Office, or at the door Saturday morning.
- And don’t forget Fr. Tony and Fr. Stephen are playing baseball for this year’s Lets Go to Bat for Kids
the game is this Thursday, at 5th – 3rd Park!
June 8 & 9, 2019
- Feeding Your Neighbor is a new ministry here that involves serving a meal once a month to neighbors in need in Grand Rapids heartside district. Please stop by display table in the commons for more information.
- We are beginning at Novena to Our Lady of Consolation this Tuesday at 7:00 in church and celebrating her Feast Day on June 20 at 9:00 AM.
More info is on the website and in the bulletin
- Please drop off your donations for Vacation Bible school at the table in the commons.
- Support Fr. Tony and Fr. Stephen at this year’s Lets Go to Bat for Kids
Thursday, June 20th at 5th – 3rd Park
- We are selling Scott Hahn tickets after Mass.
- If you ordered First Eucharist pictures, they are available for pick up in the commons.
- Sign-ups for Al Pedley Funeral luncheon next Saturday
- In the commons you can still sign up for the Blood Drive on June 11th.
- Sunday ONLY after 11:00 Mass,
Immediately after Mass there is a mystagogy gathering in the Guadalupe Room where we will discuss and reflect on the gestures of the Mass.
May 18 & 19, 2019
- There will be a meeting of the Respect Life Team on Tuesday, May 21 at 7:00 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
- We have scheduled Lector and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion training for the week after Memorial Day. This training is for any interested “new people” and a refresher course for veterans! ore info is in the bulletin or on the website.
- Just a reminder: there is a table in the commons with information about our VBS program – “A Celebration of Life”. Or you can visit the OLC Website for on-line registration and volunteer needs.
- And we would like to Recognize and Thank, Eagle Scout Matthew Dicosola! Please take a minute to look at his project on our grounds which include: cleaning up and designing a landscape and seating arrangement outside of the Family Center. You can see it as you head out toward the playground!
- Join Chelie Simmons after Mass in the Guadalupe Room for a Mystagogy Gathering to discuss and reflect on The Laity: Called to Build God’s Kingdom.
April 27 & 28, 2019
- Tables in the Commons
-Sign up for Golf (you do NOT have to have a foursome) or to be a Sponsor! For the Haiti Connection golf outing on May 18
-Information about Theology of the Body 101 for Adults and Teens scheduled for this Monday
- The OLC Respect Life Team is having a Grand Rapids Right to Life Membership Drive, across from the Vestry-Saturday, Sunday-Family Center
- The Senior Brunch is Sunday, May 19th after the 11am Mass. Junior’s and Senior’s please contact Luke Grant in the Faith Formation Office for details!
- The Teens on Mission Pop Can Drive is next weekend. Please drop off your pop cans in the boxes by the dumpster near the Family Center next week.
April 13 & 14, 2019
- Tom Hales, the owner of The Applied Science Institution is looking for high school and young adult volunteers to help children with autism. If you are interested, Mr. Hales is having an informational meeting in the Kateri Lodge at 12:30pm Tomorrow/Today!
- Teens on a Mission will be collecting pop cans the weekend of
May 4th &5th, to help fund the cost of their trip
So please save your pop-cans! More info will be forth-coming.
- You can still Sign Up for this Tuesday’s Blood Drive
- Don’t forget the Right to Life meeting, on Tuesday,
- Please turn in your CSA Pledges, so that we can close the Campaign, soon!
- A very detailed Holy Week Schedule is on the cover of the bulletin
- Bring in your Rice Bowl contributions this week
- And Confirmation Candidates: make sure to attend your meeting scheduled either this Sunday or Monday night.
- The Knight of Columbus have their annual Tootsie Roll Drive
- You can get your Blood Pressure Checked
- We have Coffee and Donuts
April 6 & 7, 2019
- There is a Respect Life Team Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, April 16, at 7:00 p.m. in the Elizabeth Ann Seton Room. This meeting is to form Spring and Summer Activities. Parishioners of all ages are welcome!
- Ushers and Greeters are still needed for our Confirmation Mass at the Cathedral on Wednesday, May 1st. No training necessary if you are able to help volunteer please contact The Faith Formation office.
- Once again you can sign up in the commons for our next Blood Drive, scheduled for Tuesday, April 16!
- And please check the front of the bulletin if you are able to volunteer for the Cheeseburger in Paradise, OLCEF Auction! Much help is needed! And tickets are now available on-line!
- We hope you have been enjoying the Friday night Pot Luck Lenten Soup Suppers. Join us for our final soup supper on April 12th. You may sign up at a table in the commons.
- And the Parish Library is open this weekend!
March 30 & 31, 2019
- Save the Date! Friday, May 17th is the annual OLCEF Auction! This year’s theme is “Cheeseburgers in Paradise” Look for the “bright colored” table in the commons with more information! Tickets go on sale next weekend!
- We would like to call your attention to our 1st Annual Haiti Mission Golf Tournament, scheduled for Saturday, May 18 at North Kent Golf Course. To sign up as a sponsor or to golf you can find more information in the bulletin or Contact Richard Woodruff
- And a reminder that next Saturday, April 6, you can join with others in the Parish to pray a First Saturday Rosary in the Adoration Chapel. More information is in the bulletin!
- Join us for Coffee and Donuts this morning
9:00 Our Stewardship Council
11:00 Knit One Pray Too, Altar Linens, Prayer Line Ministries
March 2 & 3, 2019
- Please join us this Friday at 6:15 pm for our first Lenten Soup Supper. This is a parish wide potluck! There is an information table in the commons to learn more about how you can participate and sign up to bring a soup! These soup suppers will begin immediately after the 5:30 Stations of the Cross.
- Just a reminder that next weekend Sunday, March 10 we spring ahead.
Make sure to turn your clocks ahead 1 hour on Saturday night!
- Blood Pressure checks are being provided this weekend
Saturday in the Guadalupe Room
Sunday in the Faith Formation Office
- And please visit the Parish Library, as it is open this weekend
February 23 & 24, 2019
- Deadline for registration for Teens on a Mission and the deposit are due this Wednesday, Feb. 27th
- Donations of First Communion attire and accessories for our annual Trunk Sale are being accepted in the Faith Formation office now.
- On Saturday, March 2 – you can join in a First Saturday rosary in the Adoration chapel. For more information, check parish website, bulletin boards or contact Greg Beasley.
January 26 & 27, 2019
- The Knights of Columbus are taking orders for Sub Sandwiches this weekend and next, with delivery scheduled for Super Bowl Sunday.
- Preschool and Kindergarten Open House was rescheduled to this Monday, January 28th from 6:00 – 7:30 due to the weather. If you can’t make it, please call the school office to schedule a tour.
- The 2nd Teens on a Mission meeting is Thursday, Jan. 31st at 6:30 pm in the Guadalupe Room
- Soup’s On For All! is this Monday, Downtown GR at the B.O.B. This annual fundraising event is sponsored by Catholic Charities West Michigan and benefits the food and pantry programs of God’s Kitchen
- Please join us after Mass for the OLC School Annual pancake breakfast sponsored by Jim Fase with Berkshire Hathaway Home Services.
January 19 & 20, 2019
- The Parish has a new ministry called Nourish for Caregivers. If you are a caregiver for a friend or loved one, we encourage you to learn more about this ministry either in the commons after Mass, or in the bulletin or website.
- Sister Colleen Ann Nagles, special presentation
- “Living Theology of the Body Daily…how does your family grow?” scheduled for Monday, February 11.
- The Wild Goose Lenten Study with Chelie Simmons beginning the week of February 18.
- The Knights of Columbus are taking orders for Sub Sandwiches this weekend and next, with delivery scheduled for Super Bowl Sunday.
- Pre School and Kindergarten Open House is this Tuesday, from 6:00-7:30
- And, the Parish Library is open after Mass
January 5 & 6, 2019
- Please donate to the Annual Coat Drive through this coming Saturday, the box is set up right outside the Parish Office!
- High School Faith Formation will be attending the Presence Kalamazoo Retreat in late February –Permission slips are outside the Faith Formation Office.
- And this Thursday is the Teens on a Mission Informational Meeting at 6:30
- And the Parish Library will be open after Mass today!