The Pastoral Council serves the parish by praying, studying, and listening to the pulse of the church and community. The Pastoral Council also participates by visioning, dreaming and planning for the long-range future of the parish and by advising the Pastor in various matters.
The Parish Finance Council consults with the Pastor and discerns how the parish can best meet the financial and material needs of the parish. The general operating fund for operational expenses, including wages, is funded largely from Sunday giving. The Facilities and Growth Fund is used for major improvements. The Finance Ministry’s duties include:
- Develop the parish budget and oversee spending in accordance with it
- Advice the Pastor on parish spending
- Oversee the annual appeal for the offertory collection
The Stewardship Committee advises the pastor regarding ministry and the parish community. Stewardship Committee reflects on the work of discipleship, stewardship and ecumenism. Stewardship Committee, with the guidance from the parish mission statement and the solicitation policy, reviews parish programs, ministries and solicitations to encourage stewardship as a way of life.
Our Lady of Consolation School Board
The purpose of the Board is to serve as a consultative body that assists the principal and Pastor of Our Lady of Consolation (OLC) in fulfilling the school’s mission as set forth in Article II. The specific duties of the board may include:
- Long-term strategic planning
- Establish goals for the total Catholic education that are in line with parish and diocesan goals
- Collaborate on the Annual Educational Budget
- Coordinate Principal Evaluation
- Consult on facilities management issues
- Provide a forum for communication and promote unity between OLC parish and school
- Help seek potential candidates for the Nominating Committee and appoint board members
- Any other area for which the Pastor or principal seeks consultation or which the president of the board deems appropriate
OLCEF (Our Lady of Consolation Education Foundation) Board of Trustees
OLCEF Board of Trustees manages the business of the corporation. This includes financial oversight, marketing and fundraising.
We believe that it is vital to our church to provide religious education to everyone who desired it. The Our Lady of Consolation Education Foundation (OLCEF) makes this possible. The Foundation seeks to provide half of the funding for all parish educational endeavors, including Faith Formation programs, RCIA, and Our Lady of Consolation School. It is designed to be supported by ALL who see the value of providing quality Catholic education for children and adults at Our Lady of Consolation.